Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Real World


When my friend was attending what I thought was the second funeral in two weeks, she said, "I am really really really tired of this world….." I found out later she'd lost 3-4 people close to her in 3 weeks. When I experienced the stress of a full time job in my career after college graduation, my statement was "If life after college is the real world, I want to go back to the fake world of college life." When a coworker forgets to do something because of an emergency elsewhere, she gets written up. When another one forgets to write something down, he gets fired.
This is our world. The real world. The world that takes, twists, and gives you what you never wanted and don't deserve. The world in which people get sick 'by chance,' not because of genetics or lifestyle. The world in which it is hard to live out the morals that you hold so dear around people who couldn't care less about how they treat you. The world that doesn't care what good you intended to do or what good you actually did, it just looks out for itself. The world in which everything has to be politically correct, non-offensive to everyone, and respect all of everyone's rights at the same time, or legal action will happen.

"I am really really really tired of this world….." And with the words my friend sang after being robed three times in one year, "Oh, Lord Jesus, how long?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home