Saturday, July 21, 2012

Providence, Part 2

I had my second interview at UM Mott this Wednesday. When I got onto the unit, the manager warned me that there were a lot of people in the room waiting for me, and a couple were missing, but not to be scared. I still wasn't ready for a panel interview with ten people. I wonder how red my face turned when I entered that room and saw them all sitting around tables waiting for me. After introducing themselves, they started questioning me. The basic, "Tell us a little about yourself." I explained my great interest in pediatrics. It continued to "What interests you about cardio and ICU?" Both my pediatric and my last adult health clinicals were on cardiac units. Then I was honest and told them that I had no experience in an ICU/ER type unit and therefore the ICU scares me, but that I was willing to learn. They asked if I had ever run a code (code blue) on someone and what I thought about doing a code on a child. I answered that I had watched but never had a chance to participate in a code and doing one on a child would be scary at first. Then they shared about scheduling and vacations and orientation. They all laughed and made jokes and it was a really relaxed environment. They seemed happy with me but I'm shy and I have no ICU experience. But God has a way of blinding people's eyes to have His will accomplished.

Then the next day I had an interview at an Adult Cardiac unit at Oakwood Main. First with the manager then two nurses. Two interviews in one. At the end, the manager said something like that I'd be a good fit for their unit. I'm supposed to hear back from both places Monday or Tuesday. I'm praying that if I get a job offer, I only get one. I don't know what I'd choose if I got offered both. I want peds over adult, but I don't want ICU. Am I willing to go to ICU to get my children? I'd then have employment UM. But the adult unit would give a wide variety of experience. Both are more fast paced than what I'm used to. I don't know. God, you know what I can handle and what I need to experience. Please let me know your will and give me strength to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home