Sunday, November 11, 2012

On Our Side

I know it's been a while since I last posted. I've had a couple ideas but when I got to my computer, I forgot what I was going to write about. So now, in hopes that I can make this topic more personal to me, I'm going to share with you my thoughts from Romans 8:26-39.

There are moments in our lives when we are just so overwhelmed by stress, fatigue, and external and internal pressures that we don't even know what or how to pray. But the Bible says that even in our weakness, the Spirit intercedes for us. When our thoughts and feelings cannot be put into words and can only be let out in groans, the Spirit makes our needs known to God. And even in those hard times, God works all of our experiences together for our good. If we love God, we can have faith that even when we fail tests and classes, get into a car accident, or lose our job, even when a family member gets sick or dies, or when we ourselves get sick, God is still in control and has a GOOD outcome planned for our lives. For He does not have an evil destination in mind for us but has predestined us to be glorified. If God is on our side, knows our thoughts and feelings when we don't even understand them, works all life's experiences out for our good, predestined us to be glorified, and even gave His own son to die so that we would live...if He is for us, who can be against us? Not only did Jesus die but He rose and He is now in heaven interceding for us.

Even with me in my sinful state, falling for the same sins over and over again, getting myself in trouble and not even knowing how to word my request for help. Even though I don't always trust that God will answer my prayers, or think He answer how I think is best for me or for others, and may even try to fix things myself. Even when I cast judgment on myself and don't believe that God would ever want to glorify me...God Loves Me. Jesus Loves Me. Even when I don't return His love to Him or to those around me. God loves me. The children's song that most of us have known forever and sing with no meaning anymore, has an important meaning that we should all take to heart. "Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak but He is strong." The Bible tells us of the many ways God shows His love for us. He has made us His own children. And when we are weak, He is strong. Therefore, neither hardship, persecution, famine, danger, death, life, demons, present, future, powers, or anything in creation can separate us from the love of God. No matter what I do or think or say, nothing can separate me from the love of God. Even when I don't Deserve love, He still loves me. Even when I don't FEEL loved, He still loves me. Even when I don't Give love, He still loves me. It's a love that we, as humans, will never fully understand.

With that said, it wasn't actually God's love that stood out to me. It was verses 28 and 31. If God is for us, who can be against us. Even when it seems that the world is against us, He will work out all things in our favor. Though it may not be on this earth, have faith, knowing that God is going to relieve you of the pain you are going through right now. He has a special place for each of us in heaven. And until then, remember, though we are weak, He is strong, and He is on OUR side!

5 Comments:

At 4:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Amen! Definitely puts a smile on my face to read this :o) Thanks for the reminder, Erin! I hope you continue to be encouraged in the Lord! Love you too!

 
At 11:29 AM , Anonymous Sikhu said...

appreciated the read! The concept of God loving me has been a theme in my thoughts of late...crazy!

 
At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Erin! Thanks for the encouragement. I always enjoy reading how the Lord leads through His word. I pray you continue to stay encouraged in Jesus. Love you, tons!

~Kimberly

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger sarahkrage said...

Amen!!! So powerful, Erin!! Thanks for sharing incredible revelation - He is for us!! :D

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I loved reading this... Thanks Erin! :) Total encouragement~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home