Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Part of the “plans have kind of changed” that Michael mentioned on Tuesday was that Michelle and I would be splitting up so that we could have nurses in more villages. She volunteered to go to the more remote village so she was leaving first. We took some pictures and, as the rest of us headed out for outreach, Michael and Chama took Michelle to another village. I couldn’t quite focus during outreach and since Daniel was experiencing side effects of his anti-malarial medication, and none of our contacts could speak English, the Zambian missionary we were paired with did most of the talking. After outreach, we were paired up and told to pray with and for each other. I had some quality bonding time with some of the missionaries!

The only personal garden that I saw


I finally left for my village at 5pm. They kept asking me if I knew how to ride a bike. I didn’t realize they meant ride on the BACK of a bike. Michael strapped my suitcase onto the luggage rack on his bike. The med student, who had just arrived, strapped his stuff to his bike. And I sat on the luggage rack, stratling Derek’s seat, as I held on to the back of his shirt. That was an interesting 6 mile ride. I was thankful for the coat that was between me and the rack! Since we left so late, it got dark before we got to our destination. Derek would whistle when he saw that he was coming up on someone so they would know to move over. The crusade was going on when I arrived. Afterward, we had a quick review of the day and I was introduced to the team. This was team John, staying at a school in Kapampa.

Riding in style! There are no pegs for my feet, just the screws.
Good thing Derek is a good driver!


The school teacher who let us use his building, while school was in progress


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home